What is my purpose on this earth?
I’ve been struggling with this question for many years, and even more over the last 3 and a half yrs. I’ve taken to studying God’s word daily in an effort to better understand His teachings and instructions but I am still unsure what His plans are for my life.
This morning my daily devotional text message was from Romans chapter 8 and it read as follows:
28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32. He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Bible Offline
Though I’m still studying the book of Numbers, seeing this passage from Romans has given me a bit of hope especially as it comes in the beginning of a brand new year! Perhaps it was meant to remind me that I need to keep working on my faith for at times it may be weak. Perhaps it was meant to remind me that even if I don’t know what God has planned for me, unlike when He promised the children of Israel the ‘Land of Milk and Honey’, I still need to believe that whatever it is it will be something good — something beyond my wildest dreams.
So today I feel blessed to be reminded that God is up to ‘something’ and all I have to do is trust Him and wait for His wonderful surprise.
My year seems off to a wonderful start and I pray that yours is too.
Best wishes to you all…
Contents written: January 3 2016 | Originally published: January 15 2016 | Copyright 2016 Moylom Enterprises